In this technical world we must know What is the Difference Between data and information in computer. So, Hello friends ! In this article we know about Data vs Information, Types of data, Unit of measurement of data, What is Data Processing, etc. So, Hello Guys without any further delay let’s get started : –
What is Data in Computer
data is the smallest unit of information and information is the collection of different types of data. Computer data is called information that is processed or stored by a computer. This information can be in any form like text documents, images, audio clips, software programs, or any other type of data. Data comes from the Latin word datum means something given. Data is a plural word and the singular word of data is datum.
Data is a new word for beginners, but it is very interesting and simple to understand these common words, which are very useful in this new technological world. Data is like a name of a person or a place or a number etc. Data can be anything like text, document, photo, videos, etc.
data is a collection of zero and one i.e (0,1). All data is store in digital devices in the form 0 and 1. This form is called Binary form because all digital devices only understand 0 and 1. Data is very important to execute a piece of valid and helpful information. Because information is a collection of different types of data.
Types of Data in Computer
The main examples of data are weights, prices, costs, numbers of items sold, names of anything, employee names, product names, addresses, tax codes, mobile numbers, date and time, registration marks, etc.
What is information in computer
Information is nothing but it is a collection of different types of data. When data gives useful content then it is called information. In simple language, information is the collection of data. Information is made by Data.
Difference between data and information
- Data is an individual unit that contains raw materials which do not carry any specific meaning.
- Data doesn’t depend on information.
- Information is a group of data that collectively carries a logical meaning.
- Information depends on data.
Types of Data Storage
There are many types of data storage device which are divided into two-part : –
- Permanent storage
- Temporary storage
– In permanent storage, data can be stored permanently until we can delete it. Permanent storage devices are available in the market are Hard-Drive, SSD, Pendrive, Memory Card, etc.
– In Temporary storage, data can be stored temporarily, i.e Data can be store for a short period. Temporary storage devices are RAM (Random Access Memory). It is also called Volatile memory, because when our computer shut down then data stored in RAM will be Delated.
Units for Measuring Memory (Data Storage) Capacity:
|Bit||b||0 & 1|
What is Data Processing
Data processing is a process in which raw data is converted into meaningful information through a process. By this process, problems can be resolved or the situation of a mega problem can be improved.
So, Hello friends, In this article we have talked the major difference between Data and Information in computer as well as types of data in Computer. I hope you all understand these well. If you like this article than you can also share these with your friends. Thanks for Reading….